The rise of visibility. Upcoming challenges for LGBTIQ policies in sport
Outsport Webinar 2022, January 28 – #WebOutsport2022
Promoted by: AICS (Associazione Italiana Cultura Sport), Outsport Network
Date: January 28th, 2022 18:00 – 20:30 (CET)
Venue: Outsport social media and website
Participation: Moderated chat platform for Q&A
The Outsport Network and AICS are pleased to announce the second edition of the Outsport Webinar. On January 28, 2022 we will sum up the most relevant facts and figures related to LGBTIQ and sport in 2021 and we will present the latest publication by the German Sport University of Cologne: “Sport, Identity and Inclusion in Europe: The Experiences of LGBTQ People in Sport”. This book explores and critically assesses the challenges and experiences of LGBTQ people within sport in Europe, presenting in-depth comparative surveys of systems and experiences from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the UK and Spain.
Furthermore, we will discuss the implications and the new perspectives brought by the latest IOC framework on fairness, inclusion and non-discrimination on the basis of Gender Identity and Sex Variations.
The webinar aims to gather institutions, NGOs and sports clubs from all over Europe.
18:00 – Welcome
– Webinar Opening by Rosario Coco, AICS LGBTI Sector, and Klaus Heusslein Outsport Events Manager.
– Greetings from Bruno Molea, National President AICS (Italian Association for Culture and Sport).
– Contribution from Francine H. Raveney, Deputy Executive Secretary of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Sport (EPAS), Sport Division Council Of Europe.
– 18:25 – 19:10 Presentation of “Sport, Identity and Inclusion in Europe: The Experiences of LGBTQ People in Sport”, the latest publication from the German Sport University of Cologne.
– Ilse Hartmann-Tews, Professor of Sociology and Sports Sociology – German Sport University Cologne.
– Hugh Torrance, EGLSF (European Gay and Lesbian Sport Federation) Co-President.
– László Földi, ETS Expert, Trainer and Consultant.
– Susanna Soler Prat, Senior Lecturer at INEFC (National Institute of Physical Education in Catalonia) – University of Barcelona
Moderator: Klaus Heusslein
19:10 – 19:50 Roundtable – 2021 in review – From the evergrowing number of out LGBTIQ athletes to the new IOC Framework.
– Cyd Zeigler, Editor – Outsports.com
– Sarah Townsend, EGLSF (European Gay and Lesbian Sport Federation) Co-President.
– Piara Powar, Executive Director – Fare Network.
Moderator: Rosario Coco – Klaus Heusslein
19:50 – 20:20 Roundtable – Transgender and intersex inclusion in sport after the new IOC framework on gender identity and sex variations: current practices and perspectives.
– Gabriel Corbelli, AICS LGBTI Sector.
– Martin Munoz, Project Manager – Seitenwechsel Sports Club.
– Mat Wilkie, Trans Inclusion Officer – LEAP Sports Scotland.
– Irene Kuzemko, Community and Capacity Building Officer – OII Europe.
Moderator: Rosario Coco and Klaus Heusslein
20:20 – 20:30 – Conclusions – with Fabrizio Petri – Special Envoy for the Human Rights of LGBTIQ+ Persons – Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation – Italy
20:30 – 20:45 – Q&A session from the web